Monday 6 July 2009

Diary of running a small business

Day one; Got up at 5:30am as the cleaners need to collect keys etc on a Monday and one was starting at 6:30am. Two more arrived at 7:30am to collect keys for the gardening job and now it's pouring with rain. Lucky I supply rain suits to keep them dry! 7:45am compose 'to do list' for the day so I don't waste any time faffing around. 8:30am on the road to collect more keys for a job, also meet cleaner from bus to give her cleaning equipment. She doesn't drive so I have to deliver the cleaning things as we can't leave them on the premisis. 9:30am carrying out a small cleaning job because one of the staff is on holiday. Couldn't get a replacement, very furstrating. Meet client for an End of Tenancy job, collect keys as he want to go ahead. Go back to office. 2:30pm - go over tender docs with co director. 5:00pm have a meeting with staff member for an appraisal and to discuss salary. Just been told that the cleaner has forgotton the keys for tomorrows job and she starts at 7am. 6:30pm grab some food that my lovely husband has cooked. 7:00pm take keys to cleaner for tomorrow. 8:00pm type testimonial for business collegue who has made a huge difference to my life. 8:30 go through emails and answer what I can. 9pm log into webinar broadcast for my Utility business. 9:30pm go through the diary for tomorrow's work. 10:oopm, do my blog.

Follow me if you dare!!

No comments:

Post a Comment