Wednesday 24 March 2010

When the Inland Revenue comes knocking.....

I learnt last week that business owners owe the inland revenue about 46 million pounds in unpaid revenue for National Insurance contributions and they are not happy about it. We are one of the companies, but it is good to know we are not alone! We are working hard to get up to date, but cash flow is particularly difficult to come by at the moment. I was advised to put DD's into place so cash flow, flows. When you are cleaning domestic properties, it is more difficult as clients tend to go on holiday etc and are not willing to set up DD's as it still goes out when they don't actually have a clean. I am working on some ideas to get some cash flow flowing. The Inland Revenue are not being very helpful, but we have offered a payment plan and hope that they can see the sense in agreeing to it. If not, who knows......... Tough times indeed.

I sent myself on a Mastermind Workshop for two days in Solihull. Fantastic, Brilliant, Amazing! if I have learnt one thing about being in business, it is to invest in yourself. Nigel Botteril who ran the group, agrees with me. I have lost me right had girlie for a couple of weeks as she had a collapsed lung and spent the week-end in hospital. It has been a testing time, but without the learning I gained regarding helping myself to de-stress and focus, I may have been pulling my hair out by now. I am about to learn all I can about Pay Per Click and Twitter so things can only keep getting better. I have decided to work on a more niche market targeting larger houses and high end properties. With my knowledge and being the cleaning experts on Radio 5 Live, I certainly have the knowledge and know-how to give the best service to my clients.

Work is still coming in steadily, due to I think, the marketing and exposure I have in place. I was featured in the Business news in Croydon last week for my Radio 5 Live 'Help' spot. You can listen in on a Thursday between 3:30 and 4 on the Richard Bacon Show. Things are looking up!! Another thing I learned is to become an expert in your field. On that note, I have also won an award from Constant Contact for my newsletter. Best contributor for 2009! Want help? log onto my website contacts page and send me a message http://www.kingswoodecocleaning.com/contact-us.php


http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007lb08 - Richard Bacon link

speak soon bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment